Largest bio-methionine plant in the world
Arkema, number one in the world in thiochemicals (sulphur-based products)
The Arkema Group produces methyl mercaptan, an indispensable compound for the production of methionine, which is widely used in Asia for feeding poultry. It has established a partnership with the Korean firm CheilJedang (CJ Group), the world leader in industrial biotechnology, in order to jointly produce the first methionine made from the biofermentation of renewable raw materials (bio-methionine).
- Location: Kerteh, Malaysia
- Investment: ~€220 million
- Start date: January 2017
- Production: 80,000 tons of bio-methionine per year for animal nutrition
- Partners: Arkema Group and CheilJedang (CJ Group)
Solutions for agriculture and environment
Soil fumigation is necessary to protect vegetables from soilborne pests (nematodes, disease pathogens) and weeds. The Arkema Group is therefore developing an innovative agent made from a sulfur derivative (dimethyl disulfide or DMDS), which occurs naturally present in the environment.
Paladin® and Accolade® are efficient, safe and sustainable alternative to fumigants which toxicological and ecotoxicological profile are a risk for farmers and the environment. However, methyl bromide, the traditional fumigation agent, is now subject to regulatory restrictions due to its effect on the ozone layer. As a result, it will gradually disappear.
Paladin® and Accolade® are designed to protect vegetable and fruit crops. They are especially effective against nematode parasites and weeds. They do not have any impact on the ozone layer and quickly break down in the atmosphere.
The DMDS for soil fumigation has already been approved in the following countries: the United States, Israel, Morocco,Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Mexico, Kenya, United Arab Emirates and Korea.
1） Overall Introduction
Arkema-ArrMaz is a trusted partner to fertilizer manufacturers and distributors worldwide, highly focused on developing, producing and supplying advanced solutions for the fertilizer industry, offering a wide range of fertilizer process aids, coatings and services to enable you to optimize process performance, maximize production efficiency and produce superior fertilizer products. Arkema-ArrMaz insists on using high quality, cost-effective raw materials and working tirelessly to develop better fertilizer additives with trust and support from fertilizer manufacturers and distributors worldwide.
Arkema-ArrMaz innovative crop nutrition solutions aim to deliver significant dust and caking reduction for easier fertilizer handling and improved worker safety while improving flowability for ease of handling, storage and transportation as well as increased production capacity and efficiency.
2） Product Introduction
- DUSTROL® Fertilizer Dust Control Coatings：It is suitable for safe use in the facilities where they are applied, the product can contribute benefits to the of consistent fugitive dust control, making it relatively easier to handle at all stages of the supply chain throughout the crop nutrition industry with minimal impact on the flowability of the treated fertilizer.
- FLUIDIRAM® Fertilizer Anti-Caking Coatings：It is suitable for safe use in the facilities where they are applied, the product can contribute benefits to the robust, long-lasting fugitive dust control and interrupting the tendency of caking, making it relatively easier to handle at all stages of the supply chain throughout the crop nutrition industry and avoiding safety risks.